- 2 medium red potatoes, diced
- 1 cup whole fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1/3 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons shredded Swiss cheese
- Place the potatoes, mushrooms, zucchini and peppers in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Melt 2 tablespoons butter; add dill, salt and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables; toss gently to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- In a small skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter over medium-high heat. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and water. Pour 1/2 cup egg mixture into skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges). As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When the eggs are set, spoon about 3/4 cup vegetable mixture over one side and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese; fold other side over filling. Invert omelet onto a plate to serve. Repeat with remaining butter, egg mixture, vegetables and cheese. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Veggie Omelets in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p59
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Roasted Veggie Omelets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review