This colorful blend of fall veggies is tender and sweet, an eye-catching addition to any fall menu. There is a pleasant balance of sweet and sour, which gives this medley a unique flavor.
- 1-1/2 cups pearl onions
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 3 medium turnips (about 3/4 pound), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 10 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add pearl onions; boil for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; peel.
- Place the onions, carrots and turnips in a large resealable plastic bag; add the thyme sprigs, oil, 1 teaspoon syrup, salt and pepper. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- Arrange vegetables in a single layer in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring twice.
- Discard thyme sprigs. Transfer vegetables to a serving bowl. Drizzle with the vinegar, remaining syrup and 1 tablespoon parsley; toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Veggie Medley in Reminisce October/November 2008, p50
Reviews for Roasted Veggie Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review