Roasted Vegetables with Sage Recipe
When I can't decide what vegetable to serve at dinner, I turn to this oven-roasted medley that features brussels sprouts, parsnips, carrots and butternut squash. It pleases everyone around the table.—Betty Fulks, Onia, Arkansas
- 5 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1/2 pound fingerling potatoes (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Place vegetables in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Drizzle over vegetables; toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast 35-45 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 131 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC