Roasted Vegetables with Sage Recipe
- 5 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1/2 pound fingerling potatoes (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Place vegetables in a large bowl. In a microwave, melt butter; stir in remaining ingredients. Add to vegetables and toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast 35-45 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 122 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Roasted Vegetables with Sage
"It is my pleasure, as a Volunteer Field Editor, to give this recipe my rating of 5 stars. Very easy to prepare, excellent results, and can easily be either doubled or halved to suit your particular needs. I particularly like the idea of sage."
"I prepared this delicious dish tonight. I did omit the Brussels sprouts as they are not my husband's favorite. I cut the recipe in half for the two of us and it was perfect. The veggies had a wonderful flavor. We will definitely be having this again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"This would make a great side dish for the holidays! The variety of vegetables really complement the sage flavor. It would be a great alternative to mashed potatoes to go with the Thanksgiving turkey! I actually added a couple other vegetables like parsnips and sweet potatoes to the mix. Very good."