A little peppery heat warms up this tasty and versatile veggie-and-orzo side dish from Sam Stusek in Annapolis, Maryland. “I often substitute a variety of our favorite seasonal vegetables and it's always delicious,” he notes.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup each chopped green and sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-3/4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Drain orzo; stir into vegetable mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Vegetables with Orzo in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p53
Reviews for Roasted Vegetables with Orzo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review