Roasted Vegetables with Dip
"These colorful vegetables and zippy dip taste so good it never occurs to my family that they're eating something nutritious and low in fat," remarks Melinda Sheridan of Pittsburg, Kansas.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients; refrigerate for
- 30 minutes or overnight.
- In a large bowl, add the mushrooms, peppers, onion and squash.
- Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Place in a single layer in an
- ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Serve with dip. Yield: 8 servings (1 cup dip).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup of vegetables with 2 tablespoons of dip equals 65 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.