Roasted Vegetable Turkey Pinwheels Recipe
“These are always a hit and great for any occasion because they can be made ahead of time! I make a double batch of the veggie cream cheese to use on crackers and bagels!” —Kristin Andrews, Gresham, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 45 min. + chilling YIELD:64 servings
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 flavored tortillas of your choice (10 inches), room temperature
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 4 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1. Place the squash, peppers, carrots and garlic in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned and tender, stirring once. Cool slightly.
- 2. Place the vegetables, cream cheese, salt and pepper in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until thickened.
- 3. Spread 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture over each tortilla; layer with turkey and lettuce. Roll up tightly; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Unwrap and cut each into eight slices. Yield: 64 appetizers.
1 piece equals 61 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC