Roasted Vegetable Spread Recipe
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Baked pita chips
- 1. Place vegetables and garlic in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and cayenne; toss to coat. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly.
- 2. Place in a food processor. Cover and process until blended. Serve warm with chips. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup dip (calculated without chips) equals 15 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.