Roasted Vegetable Soup Recipe
This veggie- and bean-packed soup will appease the heartiest of appetites.—Bean Education and Awareness Network, Scottsbluff, Nebraska
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium leek (white part only), sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 to 3 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Line two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans with foil; coat the foil with cooking spray. Place eggplant, zucchini, peppers, mushrooms, potatoes and leek on pans; generously coat with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- 2. In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, saute garlic for 2 minutes. Add broth, beans, peas, vinegar, seasonings and roasted vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 16 servings (about 4 quarts).
Reviews for Roasted Vegetable Soup
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2012
"So delicious. the flavors really come out. Very hearty and healthy!"
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2009
"this is the best soup I have ever tasted"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC