Roasted Vegetable Risotto Recipe
Risotto seems like an indulgence, but this one is easy to make and the taste is like something created by a professional chef! The roasted vegetables add wonderful flavor to the creamy, rich rice dish.
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups Roasted Green Vegetable Medley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, heat stock and keep warm. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute garlic in butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add rice and pepper; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in wine. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add heated broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook just until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender. (Cooking time is about 20 minutes.) Add vegetables; cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Vegetable Risotto in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p92
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Roasted Vegetable Risotto(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Brussels Sprouts >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Side Dishes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- New Year's Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >