Roasted Vegetable Lasagna Recipe
- 1 medium eggplant. peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 small zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 sweet red pepper, cut lengthwise into 6 pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 carton (15 ounces) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 jar Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce (24 ounces)
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1. Coat two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans with cooking spray. Place eggplant and mushrooms on one prepared pan. Place the zucchini and red pepper on the second pan. Combine the oil and garlic; brush over both sides of vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes. Turn vegetables over. Bake 15 minutes longer. Remove eggplant and mushrooms. Bake zucchini and red pepper 5-10 minutes longer or until edges are browned.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg substitute. Spread about 1/4 cup pasta sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with four lasagna noodles (noodles will overlap slightly), half of ricotta cheese mixture, half of vegetables, a third of pasta sauce and 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with half of basil. Repeat layers. Top with the remaining noodles and pasta sauce.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until edges are bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece equals 361 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 820 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.