- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg
- substitute. Spread about 1/4 cup pasta sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with four lasagna
- noodles (noodles will overlap slightly), half of ricotta cheese
- mixture, half of vegetables, a third of pasta sauce and 2/3 cup
- mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with half of basil. Repeat layers. Top
- with the remaining noodles and pasta sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with
- remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until edges are bubbly
- and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 361 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 820 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.