- 1 medium eggplant. peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 small zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 sweet red pepper, cut lengthwise into 6 pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 carton (15 ounces) Galbani® Reduced-Fat Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 jar (26 ounces) chunky meatless spaghetti sauce
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Coat two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans with cooking spray. Place eggplant and mushrooms on one prepared pan. Place the zucchini and red pepper on the second pan. Combine the oil and garlic; brush over both sides of vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes. Turn vegetables over. Bake 15 minutes longer. Remove eggplant and mushrooms. Bake zucchini and red pepper 5-10 minutes longer or until edges are browned.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg substitute. Spread about 1/4 cup pasta sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with four lasagna noodles (noodles will overlap slightly), half of ricotta cheese mixture, half of vegetables, a third of pasta sauce and 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with half of basil. Repeat layers. Top with the remaining noodles and pasta sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until edges are bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 9 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
Sort By :
"I have been using this recipe for the past year and love it. I use just a few more vegetables because they get so small after roasting them. I also like to make sure the top has a lot of cheese and to get it brown and bubbly. Very good recipe."
"I loved this recipe! Eggplant was replacedwith parboiled carrots, cut lengthwise into1/4" slices. Next time I will increase thevegetables & sauce. Yummy!"
"This was so delicious. Even if you don't like eggplant, you will love this recipe. I used a real egg. I was skeptical about the no-cook lasagna noodles, but they worked. I think it's because there is so much liquid in the veggies, and the noodles just soak it up, so the whole dish is alive with flavor. I also like using the Italian shredded four-cheese blend when I make anything that calls for mozzarella. I like a rich, pungent cheese flavor. And, there are no substitutes for fresh basil in a recipe like this one. :)"