Roasted Vegetable Dip Recipe
Roasting brings out the best in these veggies. Blended with cream cheese, they make a tasty dip perfect on crackers. —Sarah C. Vasques, Milford, New Hampshire
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:20 servings
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- Assorted crackers
- 1. Place the red peppers, zucchini and onion in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Combine the olive oil, salt and pepper; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. Place cream cheese and vegetables in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Chill until serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers) equals 44 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC