Roasted Turkey with Maple Cranberry Glaze Recipe
I prepare turkey with a taste of Canada in mind. The sweet maple flavor comes through even in the breast meat. You may start to notice it's caramelized color after about 2 hours. That's when I cover it loosely with foil while it finishes cooking. The meat will stay tender and juicy. —Suzanne Anctil, West Vancouver, British Columbia
- 1 turkey (12 to 14 pounds)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Place turkey on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, breast side up. Tuck wings under turkey; tie drumsticks together. In a small bowl, combine the maple syrup, cranberry sauce and walnuts. Pour over turkey.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 3 to 3-3/4 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan drippings. Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes before carving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Turkey with Maple Cranberry Glaze in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p96
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Roasted Turkey with Maple Cranberry Glaze
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review