Roasted Turkey Drumsticks Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 turkey drumsticks (12 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup red wine or additional chicken broth
- 5 teaspoons onion soup mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and white pepper. Add drumsticks, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a skillet, brown drumsticks on all sides in oil. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the tomato sauce, broth, wine or additional broth, soup mix, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until flavors are blended. Add bay leaf. Pour sauce over the drumsticks.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Turn drumsticks; cover and bake 30-40 minutes on each side or until juices run clear and thermometer reads 180°. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 443 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 1,795 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.