- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 turkey drumsticks (12 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup red wine or additional chicken broth
- 5 teaspoons onion soup mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and white pepper. Add drumsticks, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a skillet, brown drumsticks on all sides in oil. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the tomato sauce, broth, wine or additional broth, soup mix, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until flavors are blended. Add bay leaf. Pour sauce over the drumsticks.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Turn drumsticks; cover and bake 30-40 minutes on each side or until juices run clear and thermometer reads 180°. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Roasted Turkey Drumsticks
"Absolutely loved the blended flavors in this! Great for any time of the year, and so happy about that, since I love turkey, but don't like to make a whole one more often then once a year."