Roasted Tomato Soup with Fresh Basil for 2 Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds tomatoes (about 4 medium), halved
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- Salad croutons and additional fresh basil leaves, optional
- 1. Place the tomatoes, onion and garlic in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Cool slightly.
- 2. In a blender, process tomato mixture and basil leaves until blended. Transfer to a large saucepan and heat through. Garnish each serving with croutons and additional basil if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 129 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 606mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Roasted Tomato Soup with Fresh Basil for 2
"Wonderful, used fresh homegrown tomatoes and basil from the garden. I put the basil in the blender, too. What a taste treat!"
"Gross, gross gross.... what a waste of tomatoes!"