Roasted Tomato Soup with Fresh Basil for 2 Recipe
Here's a delicious way to use up an abundance of fresh garden tomatoes. The thyme makes it taste extra fresh.—Marie T Forte, Raritan, New Jersey
- 1-1/4 pounds tomatoes (about 4 medium), halved
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- Salad croutons and additional fresh basil leaves, optional
- 1. Place the tomatoes, onion and garlic in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Cool slightly.
- 2. In a blender, process tomato mixture and basil leaves until blended. Transfer to a large saucepan and heat through. Garnish each serving with croutons and additional basil if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 129 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 606 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Roasted Tomato Soup with Fresh Basil for 2
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC