Roasted Tomato Salsa Recipe
- 12 large tomatoes, halved and seeded, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, trimmed
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 6 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 12 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground chipotle pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- Tortilla chips
- Arrange six tomatoes cut side down on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Broil 4 in. from the heat until skin blisters, about 4 minutes. Cool slightly; drain well.
- In a food processor, process uncooked and roasted tomatoes in batches until chunky. Transfer all to a large bowl.
- Place the cilantro, lime juice, garlic, lime peel and remaining oil in the food processor. Cover and process until blended; add to tomatoes. Stir in the peppers, onions, cumin, paprika, chipotle pepper, salt and hot sauce. Let stand 1 hour to allow flavors to blend. Serve with chips. Yield: 8 cups.
Reviews for Roasted Tomato Salsa(4)
Sort By :
I adjust the spices a bit because I don't like it quite so spicy but everyone raves about this salsa when I make it!
Best salsa recipe! It is well worth the time to make this. We enjoy it equally well on breakfast omelets.
Oh my! Oh my! This is INCREDIBLE!!!! The family loved it. I want to make this again and again and share it with everyone I love! I can't say more good things for this. It's lovely and spicy!
Loved this - it was easy and came out delicious. I left out the chili powder and cut the jalapenos based on my family's tastes. Also didn't have green onions so used a sweet onion.