Roasted Tomato 'n' Garlic Mayonnaise Recipe
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1. Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise; drizzle cut sides with 1-1/2 teaspoons oil. Combine the herbs, pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt; sprinkle over tomatoes. Place cut side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off garlic bulb. Brush with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Wrap in heavy-duty foil; place on baking sheet with tomatoes. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes.
- 3. Turn tomatoes; drizzle with remaining oil. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until garlic is tender and tomatoes are softened. Cool for 10 minutes.
- 4. Squeeze softened garlic into a small bowl; chop tomatoes and add to garlic. Stir in mayonnaise and remaining salt until blended. Yield: 1-2/3 cups.
2 tablespoon: 61 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Reviews for Roasted Tomato 'n' Garlic Mayonnaise
"I made this recipe - it was great- used it all week long on sandwiches, burgers and chicken!"
"This sounds much like the mayonnaise/salad dressing that a namebrand company used to make a few yrs. ago. It was wonderful and they discontinued it."