Roasted Tarragon Asparagus Recipe
The simple seasoning turns fresh asparagus spears into a special spring side dish that's speedy, too.—Joyce Speckman, Holt, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1. Place asparagus in a shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with pepper and salt. Toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 13-15 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally. Sprinkle with tarragon. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 54 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC