Roasted Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
Tender sweet potatoes are tossed with crunchy nuts and chewy dried cherries for a burst of flavors and delightful textures.—Fran Fehling, Staten Island, New York
- 4 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place potatoes in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Bake at 400° for 30-45 minutes or until tender. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the walnuts, cherries, parsley and potatoes. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, lime peel and salt. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup equals 211 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC