This salad makes a beautiful presentation for the holidays with the bright colors of the sweet potatoes, cranberries and spinach. —Susan Bickta, Kutztown, Pennsylvania
Featured In: 43 Amazing Ways to Love Sweet Potatoes
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces (about 7 cups)
- 5 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place sweet potatoes in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; toss with 2 tablespoons oil. Roast 35-40 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a large bowl; cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, honey, maple syrup, garlic, mustard, salt, pepper and remaining oil until blended. Add spinach, apple, cranberries and pecans to sweet potatoes. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Top with cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Honey-Maple Vinaigrette in Taste of Home November 2014, p75
Reviews for Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Honey-Maple Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 16, 2014
"This is probably one of the best salads ever!!! I added green onion and applewood smoked bacon.....YUM!!!!!!"