Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Chili Lime Dressing Recipe
When I made this dish for a school event, the entire staff went wild over it. It's delicious, healthy, beautiful and easy to make. —Sue Miller, Kirkland, Washington
- 2 pounds large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes with oil. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring twice. Cool for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the red pepper, onions, parsley, cilantro and sweet potatoes.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lime juice, chili powder, salt, cumin, pepper and cayenne if desired. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 7 servings.
3/4 cup: 228 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Chili Lime Dressing
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC