My family’s love of potato salad and sweet potatoes led to this combination recipe that I serve on holidays. The maple syrup in the vinaigrette lends a pleasant hint of sweetness.
- 4 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, cut into eight wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes, onion, oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Drizzle over potato mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Sweet Potato and Onion Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p100
Reviews for Roasted Sweet Potato and Onion Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review