Roasted Sweet Potato & Prosciutto Salad Recipe
I still think there's no better combo than sweet potatoes with pork, or prosciutto in this case. I'm a retired physician and am glad that sweet potatoes are being given their due as nutritional powerhouses. —Helen Conwell, Portland, Oregon
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, julienned
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place sweet potatoes in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; toss to coat. Roast 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Sprinkle prosciutto over sweet potatoes; roast 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and prosciutto is crisp. Transfer to a large bowl; cool slightly.
- 3. Add radishes, pecans, red pepper and half of the green onions. In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, honey, and remaining oil and salt until blended. Drizzle over salad; toss to combine. Sprinkle with remaining green onion. Yield: 8 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup equals 167 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Roasted Sweet Potato & Prosciutto Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC