Savory with a touch of sweetness, this fall soup is sure to keep the chill away. Serve it as a starter or paired with a grilled sandwich for lunch or a light dinner. —Lisa Kalmbach, Papillion, Nebraska
Featured In: 43 Amazing Ways to Love Sweet Potatoes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large Gala or other apple, peeled and cubed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place sweet potatoes, onion, apple and garlic cloves in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Roast 40-45 minutes or until very tender, stirring occasionally.
- Cool slightly. Process in batches in a blender with broth until smooth. Transfer to a large saucepan. Stir in salt and pepper; heat through, stirring occasionally. If desired, serve with sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Sweet Potato & Apple Soup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Roasted Sweet Potato & Apple Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review