Roasted Squash Recipe
“I love grilled veggies, but our condo has no grill,” writes Amy Cherwin of Chicago, Illinois. “So I tried this recipe in the oven with some goat cheese and herbs. Wonderful!”
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cubed yellow summer squash (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 cup cubed zucchini (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Place in a single layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned and tender, stirring twice. Sprinkle with cheese, basil and parsley. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC