Roasted Spicy Mustard Potatoes
"Even mild red potatoes can be a 'standout' side dish when they're tossed with this mustard and spice coating, then baked," noes Shirley Glaab of Hattiesburg, Mississippi. "They perk up any meal."
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- Spray a shallow roasting pan with cooking spray three times to coat
- well; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the mustard, paprika, cumin,
- chili powder, salt and cayenne. Pierce potatoes with a fork several
- times; add to mustard mixture and toss to coat.
- Place in prepared pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-40 minutes
- or until tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 138 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 353 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.