Roasted Sea Scallops
"We like scallops because of their availability here year-round, and they're affordable compared to some seafood," notes Marguerite Shaeffer of Sewell, New Jersey. "These scallops are delicately seasoned with roasted tomatoes and can be served over rice or toasted garlic bread."
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 sea scallops (2 ounces each)
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In an ungreased 3-qt. baking dish, combine the first seven
- ingredients. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes or until
- Stir in scallops. Bake 15 minutes longer or until scallops are firm
- and opaque. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 scallops (calculated without rice) equals 209 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 575 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon