"We like scallops because of their availability here year-round, and they're affordable compared to some seafood," notes Marguerite Shaeffer of Sewell, New Jersey. "These scallops are delicately seasoned with roasted tomatoes and can be served over rice or toasted garlic bread."
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 sea scallops (2 ounces each)
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In an ungreased 3-qt. baking dish, combine the first seven ingredients. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes or until bubbly.
- Stir in scallops. Bake 15 minutes longer or until scallops are firm and opaque. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Sea Scallops in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p47
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Roasted Sea Scallops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review