Roasted Rosemary Fruit Topping Recipe
While it seems odd to combine roasted rosemary and fruit, I think you'll find the surprisingly unique flavors are perfect toppers for ice cream or frozen yogurt.
- 1 medium peach
- 1 medium fresh plum
- 2 cups pitted fresh or frozen tart cherries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- 1. Prick the skin of peach and plum with a fork. Cut in half; remove pits. Cut each half into eight slices. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Add the cherries.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the butter, sugar, lime juice and rosemary. Spoon over fruit. Bake at 400° for 13-15 minutes or until fruit is tender, stirring occasionally. Serve over ice cream or frozen yogurt. Drizzle with pan juices. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup: 227 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Roasted Rosemary Fruit Topping
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC