Roasted Rosemary Fruit Topping
While it seems odd to combine roasted rosemary and fruit, I think you'll find the surprisingly unique flavors are perfect toppers for ice cream or frozen yogurt.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium peach
- 1 medium fresh plum
- 2 cups pitted fresh or frozen tart cherries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- Prick the skin of peach and plum with a fork. Cut in half; remove
- pits. Cut each half into eight slices. Place in a greased 15-in. x
- 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Add the cherries.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, sugar, lime juice and rosemary.
- Spoon over fruit. Bake at 400° for 13-15 minutes or until fruit
- is tender, stirring occasionally. Serve over ice cream or frozen
- yogurt. Drizzle with pan juices. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup fruit topping with 1/2 cup ice cream equals 227 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.