Baking root vegetables in the oven instead of steaming them in the microwave makes them especially tender. Plus, they give my house a wonderful aroma.—Rebecca Dornfeld, Grass Lake, Michigan
- 3 large red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 5 medium carrots, halved and quartered
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and quartered
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Toss all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 40-50 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Root Veggies in Country Woman September/October 1996, p36
Reviews for Roasted Root Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review