Roasted Root Veggies Recipe
- 3 large red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 5 medium carrots, halved and quartered
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and quartered
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Toss all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 40-50 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 15 servings.
1 cup equals 69 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Roasted Root Veggies
"I love the taste and aroma of this dish. I have made it several times and am happy to try some new vegetables I've shied away from in the past--turnip, rutabaga and parsnips. Goes great with roast beef."