Pleasantly seasoned with rosemary and garlic, this appealing side dish showcases good-for-you turnips, carrots and potatoes. It's a nice homey addition to our family's holiday meal. -Kerry Sullivan, Maitland, Florida
Featured In: The 13x9 Thanksgiving
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 small turnips, peeled and cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the potatoes, carrots, turnips and garlic in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper. Stir to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Increase temperature to 450°; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Root Vegetables in Taste of Home December/January 2003, p35
Reviews forRoasted Root Vegetables
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 19, 2011
"Easy to make. Make sure to crush dried rosemary leaves. There isn't a whole lot of flavor, but still very good and healthy."