Roasted Root Vegetable Medley Recipe
Pair these roasted root vegetables with a meaty entree for a mouthwatering winter meal.—Mindy Ilar, St Albans, West Virginia
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 medium red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 to 4 medium fresh beets, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1. Place the carrots, red onions and potatoes in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. In a small bowl, combine the oil, salt and garlic powder. Drizzle evenly over vegetables; toss to coat.
- 2. Place beets in pans (do not stir). Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 40-45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 130 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC