Pair these roasted root vegetables with a meaty entree for a mouthwatering winter meal.—Mindy Ilar, St Albans, West Virginia
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 medium red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 to 4 medium fresh beets, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Place the carrots, red onions and potatoes in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. In a small bowl, combine the oil, salt and garlic powder. Drizzle evenly over vegetables; toss to coat.
- Place beets in pans (do not stir). Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 40-45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Root Vegetable Medley in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p64
Reviews for Roasted Root Vegetable Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review