- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 medium red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 to 4 medium fresh beets, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Place the carrots, red onions and potatoes in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. In a small bowl, combine the oil, salt and garlic powder. Drizzle evenly over vegetables; toss to coat.
- Place beets in pans (do not stir). Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 40-45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Roasted Root Vegetable Medley(3)
Sort By :
Tonight I splurged on a standing beef rib roast that was on sale. I made a roasted veggie mdley as a side dish and everybody cleaned their plates! We don't like beets so I didn't use those, and I used sweet onions instead of the red and green onions. I also added some parsnips and brussel sprout halves along with 2 Tblsp of real maple syrup. Even the grandchilden, who are picky eaters, gobbled the veggies up and asked for seconds.
We enjoyed this recipe with smoked sausage.
We enjoyed this recipe.