Roasted Red Potato Salad Recipe
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Paprika, optional
- 1. Place the potatoes in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool for 15 minutes.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl; add onion, eggs, bacon, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 355 calories, 27g fat (5g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 412mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Roasted Red Potato Salad
"Made something very similar to this, but added avocado, it was delicious!!!"
"Great recipe, very close to a recipe I've been using ingredient wise, but I'd never thought about roasting the potatoes before. I made it one time as called for and then once with a tablespoon of Dijon mustard both ways were good, but the Dijon gave it a kick of flavor."
"Roasting the potatoes until they are crispy is a difference maker. I tossed the potatoes with salt before roasting. That little step really helps the flavor."
"Betty-Crocker Bacon-Bits veggie adds nice flavor and reduces the calories. Try them."
"very good warm or cold."