Roasted Red Potato Salad
I got this recipe from my sister-in-law and I've made it numerous times at the request of friends and co-workers. It's quick and easy, just what I need in my busy life. I learned how to cook from the two best cooks I know - my mom, Arline, and my Grandma Etta.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, sliced
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Paprika, optional
- Place the potatoes in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until tender and
- golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl; add onion, eggs, bacon, mayonnaise, salt
- and pepper. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or
- overnight. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 355 calories, 27 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 412 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.