- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Paprika, optional
- Place the potatoes in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl; add onion, eggs, bacon, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Roasted Red Potato Salad
"Made something very similar to this, but added avocado, it was delicious!!!"
"Great recipe, very close to a recipe I've been using ingredient wise, but I'd never thought about roasting the potatoes before. I made it one time as called for and then once with a tablespoon of Dijon mustard both ways were good, but the Dijon gave it a kick of flavor."
"Roasting the potatoes until they are crispy is a difference maker. I tossed the potatoes with salt before roasting. That little step really helps the flavor."
"It was so easy since I had leftover roasted potatoes and fried bacon strips. My husband said it was good! I added a tablespoon or two of buttermilk to thin and extend the mayo. It was quick and delicious!!"
"Betty-Crocker Bacon-Bits veggie adds nice flavor and reduces the calories. Try them."
"My family has never liked any sort of potato salad. HOWEVER.....they do now! This is a great potato salad, especially if you prefer a lot less mayonaise."
"very good warm or cold."