If you like cream of tomato soup, try making it with purchased roasted red peppers. Using jarred roasted red peppers makes it extra easy and pureeing the soup in a blender gives it a nice smooth texture.
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jars (15-1/2 ounces each) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the red peppers, broth, basil and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, cover and process soup in batches until smooth. Remove 1 cup to a small bowl; stir in cream. Return remaining puree to pan. Stir in the cream mixture; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Red Pepper Soup in Country Woman January/February 2007, p37
Reviews for Roasted Red Peppers Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review