Full-flavored meats, cheeses and veggies top a golden crust in this appetizing recipe sent in by Amy Bell of Arlington, Tennessee. ”I recommend using marinara sauce for dipping,” she says.
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 cups finely diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, well drained and cut into strips
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
- Unroll one tube of crescent dough into a long rectangle; press onto the bottom and 3/4 in. up the sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Seal seams and perforations. Top with half of the ham; layer with Swiss cheese, pepperoni, provolone cheese and remaining ham. Top with red peppers.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and salad dressing mix; set aside 1/4 cup. Pour remaining egg mixture over peppers.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out remaining crescent dough into a 13x9-in. rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Place over filling; pinch edges to seal.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; brush with reserved egg mixture. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Cut into triangles. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Roasted Red Pepper Triangles in Taste of Home August/September 2006, p46
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Roasted Red Pepper Triangles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review