Roasted Red Pepper Spread
This flavorful spread livens up most any sandwich. Try tossing it with salad greens before adding to your sandwich. Taste of Home Test Kitchen
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup roasted sweet red pepper strips, drained
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place all ingredients in a small food processor; cover and process
- until pureed. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3/4 cup.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Vlasic roasted red pepper strips.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 23 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.