Roasted Red Pepper Sausage Skillet Recipe
- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked provolone cheese
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage, onion, green pepper and mushrooms over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain.
- 2. Stir in red peppers, soup, cream cheese and milk; heat through. Stir noodles into sausage mixture; sprinkle with provolone cheese. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 433 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 1,118 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Roasted Red Pepper Sausage Skillet
"This was just okay, fine for dinner but wouldn't make again. It wasn't particularly flavorful or interesting."
"This was just okay, a little bland. The sauce was nice and creamy."
"Quick & easy, full of flavor!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.