Roasted Red Pepper Omelets
Roasted red peppers, Muenster cheese and green onions give this breakfast favorite vibrant color and flavor. Taste of Home Test Kitchen
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/4 cup shredded Muenster cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Coat an 8-in. nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over
- medium heat. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, water, salt and
- pepper. Add half of egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set
- immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked
- portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, add half of the red
- peppers, cheese and onions on one side; fold other side over
- filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Repeat. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 omelet equals 185 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 331 mg cholesterol, 714 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.