- tomatoes, parsley, sugar, basil and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for
- 20 minutes. In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and
- nutmeg until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Spread 1 cup pepper sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with
- cooking spray. Top with three noodles, 1-1/2 cups pepper sauce, 1
- cup white sauce and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers. Top
- with remaining noodles, white sauce and pepper sauce. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle
- with remaining cheese. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
- Yield: 9 pieces.
Nutritional Facts: One piece equals 229 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 386 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.