Roasted Red Pepper Dip Recipe
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in the roasted red peppers. Cut a thin slice off one long side of sweet red pepper; remove seeds. Spoon dip into pepper cup. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 2 cups.
1/4 cup dip (calculated without red pepper cup and vegetables) equals 90 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Roasted Red Pepper Dip
"I like to serve this with fried green tomatoes. It has just enough kick to spice things up."
"Yummy! My kids even liked it, but I can't guarantee that for all kids. This went wonderfully with the reduced fat Keebler club crackers."