- into six pieces. Shape each into a 18-in. rope. Place three ropes on
- a greased baking sheet and braid; pinch ends to seal and tuck under.
- Repeat with remaining dough. Cover and let rise until doubled, about
- 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and water; brush over braids. Sprinkle
- with pepper and remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes
- or until golden brown. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 99 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 254 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.