Roasted Red Pepper Bread Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1-1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/4 to 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- Place red peppers in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the red peppers, 1 cup cheese, milk, butter, salt and 1-1/2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide dough into six pieces. Shape each into a 18-in. rope. Place three ropes on a greased baking sheet and braid; pinch ends to seal and tuck under. Repeat with remaining dough. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and water; brush over braids. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Roasted Red Pepper Bread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p109
Reviews for Roasted Red Pepper Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2014
"I made this for a potluck and everyone loved it. Now I'm asked to make it for any get together."