Roasted Red Pepper Bisque Recipe
- 8 medium sweet red peppers
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Broil peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 5 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a large bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- 2. Peel off and discard charred skin. Remove stems and seeds; set peppers aside.
- 3. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender; cool slightly. In a blender, combine the onion mixture, 2 cups broth and roasted peppers; cover and process until smooth. Return to the pan.
- 4. Stir in cream and remaining broth; heat through (do not boil). Stir in salt and pepper. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
1-1/3 cup: 220 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 846mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Roasted Red Pepper Bisque
"I made this recipes and everybody loved it. I did however add raw rice at the start of the cooking process. Also fresh garlic and a little bit of crushed red pepper as well. Delicious!"