Roasted Red Pepper Bisque Recipe
Folks are sure to comment about the awesome roasted red pepper flavor in this velvety soup. It's a fantastic first course for special occasions or alongside sandwiches at a casual gathering.—Mary Zettlemaier, Chelsea, Michigan
- 8 medium sweet red peppers
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Broil peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 5 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a large bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- 2. Peel off and discard charred skin. Remove stems and seeds; set peppers aside.
- 3. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender; cool slightly. In a blender, combine the onion mixture, 2 cups broth and roasted peppers; cover and process until smooth. Return to the pan.
- 4. Stir in cream and remaining broth; heat through (do not boil). Stir in salt and pepper. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
1-1/3 cups equals 220 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 846 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC