Roasted Pumpkin Nachos Recipe
- 4 cups cubed fresh pumpkin or butternut squash (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (13 ounces) tortilla chips
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Optional toppings: minced fresh cilantro, sliced green onions and hot pepper sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place pumpkin in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Reduce oven setting to 350°. On a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, layer half of the chips, beans, pumpkin, salsa and cheese. Repeat layers. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Add toppings of your choice; serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (calculated without optional top: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Roasted Pumpkin Nachos
"I love squash but in this recipe it just didn't work for me. Tasty but I think I would have liked it how you made it in the summer with corn off the cob."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.