Roasted Pumpkin Nachos
Previously, I had made this dish with black beans and corn off the cob in the summer. Wanting to try it with fresh fall ingredients, I replaced the corn with roasted pumpkin—yum! It's also good with butternut squash. —Lesle Harwood, Douglassville, Pennsylvania
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 cups cubed fresh pumpkin or butternut squash (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (13 ounces) tortilla chips
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Optional toppings: minced fresh cilantro, sliced green onions and hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place pumpkin in a greased 15x10x1-in.
- baking pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to
- coat. Roast 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce oven setting to 350°. On a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan,
- layer half of the chips, beans, pumpkin, salsa and cheese. Repeat
- layers. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Add toppings of
- your choice; serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.