- 4 cups cubed fresh pumpkin or butternut squash (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (13 ounces) tortilla chips
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Optional toppings: minced fresh cilantro, sliced green onions and hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place pumpkin in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce oven setting to 350°. On a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, layer half of the chips, beans, pumpkin, salsa and cheese. Repeat layers. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Add toppings of your choice; serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Pumpkin Nachos in Country Woman October/November 2013, p39
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Roasted Pumpkin Nachos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2014
"I love squash but in this recipe it just didn't work for me. Tasty but I think I would have liked it how you made it in the summer with corn off the cob."